Back to blogging after a long break! Sorry to all my readers for the delayed post and to all my blogger friends for not keeping track of their posts!
My daughter loves chicken nuggets, but it never struck me that I could give her homemade ones and that too baked!! no guilt there!..yay! So I came across this recipe on Rasa Malaysia's blog....and wow! its definitely a keeper! So easy and quick. Best part is, it can be made without those looong marination hours! phew! They were so crisp and tender :)
Mommies you can thank me for this one!! :)
End result.......my daughter and me ended up fighting for the last one! :D
INGREDIENTS:boneless chicken cut into nugget sizes - 6
3/4 cup bread crumbs
1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese (I used mozerella)
a pinch of coarse salt
1 tbsp vegetable oil
about 2-3 tbsps all purpose flour
- preheat oven to 400 deg F.
- spread the bread crumbs in a thin layer on a baking sheet and bake for about 5 mins until golden brown.
- Transfer the bread crumbs to a shallow dish and mix along with the cheese, salt and oil. mix well.
- place the flour and egg in separate bowls for dipping.
- increase the oven temp to 450 deg F.
- line baking tray with baking paper.
- coat the chicken in flour first., shaking off excess flour, and then dip in the egg.
- Then into the breadcrumbs. coat well.
- repeat with the rest of the chicken and arrange onto the baking tray.
- bake chicken until desired tenderness for about 12-14 mins turning sides halfway.