Sunday, 17 March 2013

Laccha Parathas

                   Feeling bored with eating chappatis everyday, I was looking online for some new recipes for indian flatbreads using whole wheat flour. Thats when I came across the recipe for lachha parathas from raks kitchen.

                   We were all quite surprised with the result! It was as good as eating the fat, unhealthy white flour parathas! :) yay! another recipe to keep!

                    I did'nt use oil while cooking. So looked a bit dehydrated :O
But it tasted gooooooood! 



INGREDIENTS:                          makes 6 parathas
 2 cups wheat flour
1 tsp salt
1.5 tbsps ghee
1 cup warm water (approx)
ghee/ oil for rolling

PROCESS:
  • Mix the flour, salt and ghee well. Add required water and knead to form a smooth dough.
  • divide into 6 even balls
  • Roll the dough ball as thin as you can. Apply 1 tsp ghee or oil evenly 

  • sprinkle a tsp of flour and start making fleets

  • After fully done, twist and coil (roll) to make a flat round.
 
 
  • Roll carefully, without applying too much pressure to ensure the layers are still there. Heat tawa and drizzle oil and cook in medium flame(with oil drizzled) both sides until golden brown. Use the spatula and gently press while cooking to ensure even cooking.


  • Pat gently the sides of the paratha with kitchen towel to highlight the layers

 

8 comments:

  1. Yum looking! Will try for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  2. looks really nice... we make the same way but the twist is new to me, i'l try this next time... :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love those layers,beautiful parathas.

    ReplyDelete
  4. looks mouthwatering...just delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lachha Paranthas look amazing.. I have now started wodmnering how many different ways we can adopt just to make Lachha Paranthas.. I had used two when I posted my recipe.. This one looks great too... I know two more ways to make it, will post them soon.. I guess, different Regions, different ways.. Neverthless, the result is amazing always ;)

    http://uk-rasoi.blogspot.co.uk/2013/02/the-art-of-making-perfect-flaky-lachha.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. I make the same ones for my son.. he loves them.i didnt know the twist.. amazing result wen added..gud one farah..

    ReplyDelete