We were all quite surprised with the result! It was as good as eating the fat, unhealthy white flour parathas! :) yay! another recipe to keep!
I did'nt use oil while cooking. So looked a bit dehydrated :O
But it tasted gooooooood!
INGREDIENTS: makes 6 parathas
2 cups wheat flour
1 tsp salt
1.5 tbsps ghee
1 cup warm water (approx)
ghee/ oil for rolling
- Mix the flour, salt and ghee well. Add required water and knead to form a smooth dough.
- divide into 6 even balls
- Roll the dough ball as thin as you can. Apply 1 tsp ghee or oil evenly
- sprinkle a tsp of flour and start making fleets
- Roll carefully, without applying too much pressure to ensure the layers are still there. Heat tawa and drizzle oil and cook in medium flame(with oil drizzled) both sides until golden brown. Use the spatula and gently press while cooking to ensure even cooking.
- Pat gently the sides of the paratha with kitchen towel to highlight the layers