1 cup rice
4 1/4 cups water
1/4 cup moong dal/ paasi paruppu
1 tbsp ginger, chopped
1 stem curry leaves (I dint have any)
2 tsps cumin seeds
3 tsps peppercorns
1/2 tsp asafoetida / hing
a pinch of turmeric powder
3 tbsp ghee
1 tbsp oil
- In a pressure cooker, heat the oil and add saute the ginger. Add the water.
- Add the rice, dal and salt. close the pressure cooker and let it cook for about 4-5 whistles.
- After it cools check to see if the rice has cooked well and there is no water.
- In a wok, heat the ghee and add the curry leaves, peppercorns.
- Add the cashewnuts, cumin seeds, turmeric and asafoetida.
- Add the rice to this and mix well on low flame till it combines and is of the desired consistency.