I saw this recipe at nags space and immediately made up my mind to try it out the next day! She's got alot of yummy recipes I intend to try out soon :)
INGREDIENTS:for the dough:
1.5 cup all purpose flour
1/2 cup + 1 tbsp warm water
1/2 tbsp instant yeast
1 tsp salt
1 tbsp sugar
1 tbsp olive oil (more for greasing)
for the garlic spread:
3 tbsps salted butter at room temperature
1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
2 tbsps garlic, minced
2tbsp chopped coriander leaves
1 tsp sesame seeds (optional)
- Mix the flour, yeast, salt, sugar, oil and water until you get a smooth and soft dough. knead for a few minutes. when pulled slightly it should be elastic.
- Add oil to your finger tips and knead for about 4 minutes. when pressed with your fringers it should slightly spring back.
- keep it in a slightly greased bowl, covered with cling wrap and keep it in a warm place for the dough to double in size.(about 45 mins)
- In the meanwhile we can make the garlic spread by mixing all the ingredients stated above .
- Grease a baking pan or loaf tin with olive oil. I used my Pyrex loaf pan which was the perfect size for 8 mini garlic rolls.
- After your dough has doubled in volume, punch down the air and divide the dough into 2 equal portions.
- Transfer one portion of the dough to a floured surface and roll gently into a rough rectangle of 1/2" thickness. Apply more flour sparingly if sticky.
- spread about 2 tsps garlic spread on one side.
- roll from one end gently and firmly.
- cut into 2 halves.
- take each half and cut again, to get four equal halves.
- Now place the rolls with the cut side up in the greased pan. Repeat the same procedure for the remaining dough.
- Spread a little milk on the rolls and add the remaining garlic spread on top.sprinkle some sesame seeds on top.
- leave to rise for another 20 mins.
- bake in preheated oven at 180 deg celcius for about 20-25 mins until the tops are golden brown.
sending this recipe to priyas 60 days to christmas event