I had lots of plans to bake varieties of goodies for Christmas this year! but somehow just did'nt get the time to do anything! Christmas holidays means school holidays which means less free time for me and more daughter time! Im not complaining.....:O
I finally came across this recipe on priyas page. But it looks like we're not the only ones baking these cookies!! hahaha,............Im seeing these cookies on so many blogs now! Im not surprised! these cookies are so easy to make.......! I just added cardamom for extra flavour and they tasted great!
Im not telling you how many cookies I ended up eating by the time I finished clicking these pictures!........
INGREDIENTS:1 cup all purpose flour
6 tbsps unsalted butter, at room temperature
1/2 cup powdered sugar
1/3 cup tutti fruity
1 tbsp milk
6 cardamom seeds, powdered (optional)
6-7 pistachios, chopped
a pinch of salt
* tutti fruity can be substituted with any dried fruit variety.
- Mix the flour, tutti fruit, cardamom powder and salt and keep aside.
- combine the butter and the sugar using a hand whisk .
- Add the flour mixture and mix well.
- Add the pistachios.
- Add the milk and mix to form a soft sticky dough. (I just used my hands)
- Place a butter paper beneath the dough and roll in the shape of a log.(dust with flour if needed)
- wrap it with the butter paper and freeze it for about 40 mins.
- After it has become hard slice the dough with a sharp knife into slightly thick rounds.
- preheat the oven at 160 deg celcius for 10 mins.
- place the cookies on a butter paper , leaving space between each cookie.
- bake at 160 deg celcius for 10 mins or until they are slightly browned at the edges.
- cool on a wire rack and store in an airtight container.
sending this to priyas event