Soft and healthy whole wheat naans .... ! excellent when eaten with this creamy butter chicken. Do I miss the restaurant style white flour naans?? ..........NO!!:D
INGREDIENTS:2 cups wheat flour
1 tsp instant dry yeast
1/4 cup lukewarm milk
2 tsp sugar
3 tbsp yoghurt
1/4 cup water to knead (approx)
1 tbsp oil
chopped coriander and minced garlic (to garnish- optional)
- In a small bowl mix yeast, milk and sugar. stand for few mins so that it starts to foam.
- In a large mixing bowl combine the flour and salt.
- Make a well in the centre and add the yeast mixture, yoghurt and oil. Add water little by little and knead to form a soft dough
- Knead well for 5 to 10 mins and form a ball. grease the outsides of the dough and place in a bowl. cover with cling wrap and place in a warm place and leave it to rise until doubled in size.
- After it has risen, punch the dough down. knead well and divide into small balls.
- Lightly dust the working surface with flour. Roll each dough ball into a thin circle and cut diagonally into two.
- Slightly pull one side of the half to form a tear drop shape.
- Sprinkle chopped coriander leaves or minced garlic on one side. Brush the other side with water.
- Heat a tawa/ heavy bottomed pan and place the naan wet side down on the pan (it will stick to the pan)
- After cooking for a few seconds you will see small bubbles on top.
- Carefully tilt the pan upside down onto the flame and cook the naan over direct flame until browned with few dark spots. Remove the naan from the pan.
- Brush the naan with butter (optional)