I had some mushrooms in the fridge which I needed to finish fast. I was going to cook spinach that day and was lazy to cook another mushroom dish. So mixed both together :D
Tasted really good. Something new.......instead of the usual spinach poriyals....yawn!
You might think that thats alot of of chopped garlic, but it lends so much flavour to this dish........ (and YES Im a garlic lover :D)
1/2 cup button mushroom, sliced
1 bunch baby spinach, chopped
1 tbsp garlic, diced
a pinch of cumin
1/2 big red chili (optional)
1/4 tsp cumin powder
a pinch of tumeric powder
1/2 tsp pepper powder
- In a wok, heat 1 tbsp oil and saute the garlic. Add the cumin.
- Add the chilli and the spinach and stir.
- Add the salt and pepper, turmeric and cumin powder
- Add the mushroom and stir for a few minutes.
- Remove from the flame when the spinach has reduced and cooked.