To be honest, Im not a big fan of pancakes! I fancy waffles better. But Priyas custard pancakes looked yummily insane! I love custard....and the thought of custard in pancakes got me drooling! :D
After a fairly good workout saturday morning.....I HAD to have these pancakes. Oh! YUM! Did'nt let me down one bit! They were the softest delicious pancakes eva. I did'nt get enough of these pancakes. So, I made them on saturday, the next day AND the day after.........:D
I tweaked the recipe a bit to suit our taste.....now who doesnt like custard banana pancakes?? :)
1/4 cup wheat flour
1/2 tsp baking soda
1 tsp baking powder
3 tbsps custard powder
1.5 tbsps sugar (as per taste)
a pinch of cinnamon powder
1 ripe banana, mashed
3/4 cup milk (approx)
butter to grease the pan (optional)
- Combine all the dry ingredients in a bowl, and using a hand whish mix well.
- pour in the milk slowly as per needed, mixing well till you get the required consistency. dont overmix. The batter should not be too thick or too thin.
- heat a non stick pan, and add some butter. Take one ladle full of the batter and pour it on the pan.
- After few seconds you notice bubbles on top. Flip it to the other side.
- cook till slightly browned.
- Serve with butter/ fresh fruit/ honey maple syrup / nuts or any topping of your choice.