It was definitely 'dessert time' at home after one looong healthy week! Yes.. we are trying to go healthy 'again'!!!!...Well....its totally a different story if you ask 'for how long'.....BUT...BUT.....BUT.....atleast we started. right?? :D
So I decided to make this payasam with the goodness of dates, prunes and sago to overcome the guilt!...lol. Tasted really good. The sad part is that by the time I served and clicked pictures it had already started melting.
One more reason for celebration is that my facebook page has reached 100 likes! ...*blush* Thanks nandhitha for the 100th like ;) and thanks to all my blog followers as well...:)
INGREDIENTS:3 1/2 cups milk
1/4 cup sugar (depends on your taste)
1/4 cup sago
1/2 cup water
2 tbsps vermicelli
3-4 crushed cardamoms
3 scoops vanilla ice cream
- Wash and soak the sago in water for an hour
- Drain the sago and boil in 1/2 cup of water. Keep stiring till the sago becomes almost transparent.
- Add the milk, cardamoms and vermicelli and let it cook on low flame.
- Add the sugar and stir. Keep cooking till the milk reduces and becomes a bit thick and the vermicelli has cooked. Turn off the flame.
- Add chopped prunes and dates.
- Add the ice cream when it cools off a bit. Stir. Then freeze.