INGREDIENTS:1 cup rava/ sooji
1/2 cup maida/ all purpose flour
1/4 cup rice flour
4 cups water, approx
1/4 cup carrot, chopped finely( optional)
1/4 cup onions, chopped finely (optional)
1 tsp whole black pepper
2 green chillies, chopped
8-10 curry leaves
1/4 tsp asafoetida
1 tsp coriander leaves, chopped (optional)
- In a wok, heat 1 tbsp oil and add the pepper and curry leaves.
- Add the carrots and onions and saute for a few minutes. Remove from flame.
- In a large mixing bowl, add the rava, maida, rice flour and salt.
- Add the water slowly, mixing well so that no lumps are formed.
- Add the sauted carrot mixture and the rest of the ingredients.
- The batter should be quite watery.
- Heat a dosa tawa/ pan/ griddle. Take a spoon of batter, and make a wide circle, and then start filling from the outer corners.
- The batter should be so watery, that there will be holes when batter is poured.
- Drizzle a tsp of oil around the dosa.
- Dosa need not be turned over.
- Serve hot.
- If you want it crisp, it needs to be eaten hot