An exciting tomato based pasta with prawns. Filled with flavour....Lovely idea for a packed lunch to take to work!! Tastes even better the next day :)
INGREDIENTS:1 cup fusilli pasta, boiled and drained (I used wheat based)
1/2 cup prawns, de shelled, washed and marinated with 1/2 tbsp turmeric powder and salt
1 tbsp butter
1 tsp garlic, finely chopped
1 onion, chopped finely
1/4 cup carrot, chopped finely
1 tomato, skinned
4-5 tbsps tomato puree
1/2 tbsp chilli powder
1/4 tsp garam masala
2 tbsp coriander leaves
1/2 cup water
- melt the butter and oil in a wok and saute the garlic.
- Add the onions and saute till onions turn slightly brown.
- Add the carrots and saute
- Rinse out the marinated prawns and add it.
- Add the tomato and keep stiring.
- add the garam masala and chilli powder and saute for a minute.
- Add the tomato puree and salt.
- After a few minutes, add water and simmer till the prawns cook.
- Add the coriander leaves and pasta and stir.