Iv been wanting to make adai for such a long time!! Each time I would feel like making it I would run out of atleast one of the ingredients and then I would forget all about making it. Then I finally wrote down the recipe and got all the ingredients to make this adai!!!!.............FINALLY!! Well......it was worth the wait :) It was so crispy, and tasty. Left you with a satisfaction of eating a healthy meal.
I got this recipe from Aromatic cooking. Just skipped the coconut part. Thanks Hema.....:)
1 cup Parboiled rice
1/2 cup toor dal
1/2 cup channa dal
1/2 cup onion, finely chopped
1/4 cup corriander leaves, finely chopped
15 curry leaves
2 dry red chillies
3 green chillies, chopped
1 tsp fennel seeds
1/4 tsp asafoetida powder/ hing
- Soak the rice and the dals separately for atleast 2- 3 hours.
- Grind the rice with the red chillies. keep aside
- Reserving a handful of the dal, grind the dal along with the fennel seeds .
- Mix both together, along with the reserved dal and the rest of the ingredients.
- the batter will be slightly thick and when a spoon of battler placed on the tawa, it will not spread.
- Heat a tawa and put 2 spoons of batter on it and spread the batter using the back of the spoon.
- pour 2 tsp oil around it.
- after it has browned flip to the other side. cook this side till brown spots appear.
- serve hot with sambar and chutney of your choice