A very excited me is posting this recipe from veenas blog an hour after eating these yummy corn cheese balls. Its my entry for the very famous blog hop wednesdays hosted by Radhika!!
Our holy month of Ramadhan has begun....and has already made its way to the middle!!
Went out for Raya shopping today. The streets of Masjid India in Kuala Lumpur was packed with people, big and small all shopping....shopping ...shopping!!!!!! Who would have thought it would be so crowded on a hot wednesday afternoon!!!!!!! Quickly finished my shopping and headed back home!
Well....all that shopping has made me hungry!. Decided to make the corn cheese balls from veenas blog who happens to be my partner for this months blog hop wednesday. I went through her blog for the first time last week and picked this recipe because .................who does'nt like deep fried food after starving the whole day???!!!..........wink!
Love ...love....LOVED this recipe!....
INGREDIENTS:1/2 cup sweet corn
2 tbsps butter
2 tbsps all purpose flour
1/2 cup milk
2 green chillies, chopped
3 tbsps grated cheese
for the dipping batter:1/2 cup all purpose flour
- cook the sweet corn for 5 mins without water or microwave it for 5 mins
- Heat the butter in a saucepan and add the flour. saute.. Add the milk and salt and continue to stir and cook on slow flame till it becomes a thick paste. Remove from the fire and cool completely
- After it cools completely add the corn, chillies and cheese. Mix well. It should not be watery at all.
- make even sized balls and keep aside
to make the dipping batter:
- Mix enough water with the all purpose flour and make sure it is thin and not lumpy
- dip the balls in the dipping batter and roll them in the breadcrumbs. Arrange on a plate and refrigerate atleast 10 mins to make it more crispy.
- When you are ready to serve, fry them in hot oil. when you immerse the corn cheese balls in oil be sure not to distub them as soon as you drop them in oil. (to avoid breaking)
A big thumbs up for this recipe! :)
- I added an extra spoon of cheese to make it more cheesy!! :D