My first attempt at making blueberry muffins. They were extremely moist due to the yoghurt. We had it for breakfast for 3 days!!! :)
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1 cup(240 ml ) plain yoghurt
- 1/3 cup (80 ml) oil
- 1 tsp plain vanilla extract
- 2 cups (260 gms) all purpose flour
- 1/2 cup (100 gms) granulated white sugar
- 1 1/4 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 or 1 1/2 cups fresh blueberries. (if using fresh blueberries do not thaw before adding them to the batter
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). Position rack in center of oven. Butter or line 12 muffin cups with paper liners.
- In a large bowl whisk together the lightly beaten egg, yogurt, oil, and vanilla extract.
- In another large bowl whisk the flour with the sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
- Gently stir in the blueberries.
- With a rubber spatula fold the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and stir only until the ingredients are combined and moistened. (The batter will be thick.)
- Evenly fill the muffin cups with the batter, using two spoons or an ice cream scoop.
- Place in the oven and bake for about 15 - 20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center of a muffin just comes out clean.
- Transfer to a wire rack and let cool for about 10 minutes before removing from pan.