Extremely soft muffins! I baked them in cute lil' mini muffin liners........Perfectly moist! I enjoyed eating them as much as I enjoyed baking them!! ( because I had to wash only 2 bowls :D ) Perfect tea time snack or for a quick breakfast.
My husband, who's an absolute chocolate addict wanted melted and mashed ferrero rocher Chocolates, to top his banana and walnut muffins!!!! :O
INGREDIENTS:1/2 cup walnuts or pecans
1 cup and 2 tbsps all purpose flour
1/2 cup granulated white sugar
1/4 tsp baking powder
a pinch baking soda
1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
2 large egg, lightly beaten
70gms butter, melted and cooled
1/2 tsp vanilla essence
1 cup ripe mashed bananas (approx 3 large)
- Place the walnuts on a baking sheet and place in the oven for approx 8-10 mins at 180 deg c, until slightly toasted. Cool. chop coarsely and keep aside.
- I n a large bowl, sieve together the all purpose flour, baking powder, baking soda and cinnamon. Add the sugar and chopped nuts. Keep aside. ( dry ingredients)
- In another bowl, combine the egg, butter, vanilla essence and mashed bananas. (wet ingredients)
- Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients. stir only till combined. The batter will be thick and chunky.
- Line a muffin tray with paper liners. scoop a spoonful of the batter into the muffin cups. Bake in a pre heated oven at 180 deg celcius for about 20- 25 mins or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean.
- cool on a wire rack for 5 mins and then remove muffins from pan.