This is an extremely delayed post which was supposed to be for Radhika's blog hop Wednesdays. She was so understanding enough to let me me send in my entry a bit late. Thank you Radhika.
For the month of June, I was paired with Nayna of simply.food. She has an awesome list of recipes from around the world which Im still exploring. I came across her version of Hakka Noodles which was even published in "Take a Break Magazine" issue 6.
1 medium carrot
1 red onion
1/2 red capsicum
1/2 yellow capsicum
1 clove garlic
1 tbsp chilli garlic sauce
1 tbsp dark soya sauce
210 grams instant noodles ( boil as per instructions on pack)
- Peel and slice the carrot into thin long strips
- slice the capsicums into thin long strips
- Peel and slice the onion into thin long strips
- peel and slice the garlic into thin slices
- Heat oil in a wok and fry the cashewnuts until golden brown. Remove from oil and keep aside.
- Add the garlic to the hot oil in the wok followed by the vegetables and stir fry for 3-4 mins until slightly brown but still crisp.
- Add the noodles to the vegetables and stir fry for another 2-3 mins. Add the sauces.
- Add salt and taste.
- Toss until noodles is well seasoned with the vegetables and the sauces.
- Transfer to a serving dish and garnish with fried cashew nuts.
- The only changes I made was that I used instant noodles instead of egg noodles because I dint have the latter at home.
- It tasted absolutely lovely, and the veggies were just cooked perfectly
- easiest dish to cook on your lazy days. :)
- A big thumbs up!!!