Thursday, 10 May 2012

PARUPPU THOGAYAL

           


               Goshhhh!! Its been ages since I blogged!...even opened my lap top!!.......bewn extremely busy at home with my sister in laws arrival and things .....SORRY!!!!!!
               Even now I only logged on to quickly submit my recipe for Radhikas blog hop event.... This month im paired with Rasi of vegetarian food and me, Went through her blog and found such amazing and easy recipes!....Iv chosen this recipe because its soooo easy :D .......and also because "who doesnt like dal??"
                Tasted lovely with pepper rasam and rice!

INGREDIENTS:
1/4 cup toor dal
3-4 red chillies
2 tbsps coconut
2 tsp oil/ ghee
salt


PROCESS:
  • heat the ghee in a pan. add the dal and chillies and saute till light brown. cool
  • put the above mixture in a blender along with the coconut, salt and required amount of water and grind to form a thick paste.
sending it to radhikas event blog hop wednesdays.

17 comments:

  1. I came through Rasi's blog, parppu thogayal looks delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Am glad u liked it farah.. we loved the pumpkin soup :).. check that when u free!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice recipe. Glad to follow you do visit my space in your free time.
    supriyajm.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is my savior recipe always... Love ur space...

    http://recipe-excavator.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yum.. I love toor dal chutney... But my version is kinda little diff.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Un caloroso saluto dall'Italia...ciao

    ReplyDelete
  8. First time here..nice recipes..
    happy to follow u...do visit my space in your free time..

    Shabbu's Tasty Kitchen

    ReplyDelete
  9. I cooked from your blog for blog hop challenge. Looking forward to find out what you have chosen to cook from my blog.
    http://www.simplysensationalfood.com/2012/06/medhu-vada-lentil-fritters-blog-hop.html

    ReplyDelete
  10. Farah i have a doubt. Do v have to blend the raw dal or need a boil before blending it

    ReplyDelete
  11. Farah i have a doubt. Do v have to blend the raw dal or need a boil before blending it

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hi shazia... no need to boil.
      simply fry it. cool. then put into the blender and grind to form a thogayal consistency.
      let me kno how it turned out! goodluck!

      Delete
  12. Thankd faru... planning to try this evenin. Inshallah

    ReplyDelete