Who doesnt like medhu vada's??!!..........with a hot cup pf tea and good company.....sigh! Its one of my favourite evening snacks....
Perfect for entertaining guests....the batter will stay good in the fridge for a few days....
INGREDIENTS:1 cup urad dal/ ulundhu
2 tbsp basmathi rice
2 sticks curry leaves, chopped
2 medium onions, finely chopped
1-2 green chilli, chopped
2tbsp corriander leaves, chopped
oil, for frying
- Soak the ulundhu and rice for atleast 2 to 3 hours
- drain well and blend the rice and ulundhu very well till a smooth paste forms. do not add more than a few drops of water
- add the curry leaves, onions, chillies and corriander leaves and salt
- put oil in a frying pan. when the oil is hot mould the batter into vada shapes with a hole in the centre and slip it into the oil.
- fry till golden brown.
- enjoy hot with your favourite chutney or sambar
- we use a bit of basmathi rice to give it that extra crispiness. Its also said to absorb less oil...