Yay!! I was so excited to participate in Radhika's event Blog hop Wednesdays. This is my first time and hoping for many more to come.
This month I was paired with Roshan of Roshans cucina. She needs no introduction....Im sure most of us have heard about the popular event "kerela kitchen" hosted by Roshan. I came across her blog only after Radhika paired me up with her. Cant thank her enough for leading me to Roshans blog!! I have chosen this recipe for sago kheer from her blog.... was so rich and tasty! loved the smell of cardamom ........:)
4 tbsps sago, soaked for about 1 hour
100 ml water
4 tbsps sugar
seeds from 4 cardamom pods . powdered
11/2 cups milk
15 almonds/ badams soaked in hot water, peeled and ground to a paste
1 pinch saffron
few almonds to garnish (optional)
- wash the soaked sago.
- boil the washed sago with the water till cooked
- add the milk and almond paste and cook on medium flame
- add the sugar and let it dissolve. keep stirring
- add the cardamom powder and saffron and cook for a few minutes till it starts to thicken. switch off the flame
- serve hot or chilled garnished with chopped almonds/saffron
- when it starts to thicken you can switch off the flame, because when it cools it will thicken more.