This is a very famous andhra dish. ......Full of goodness.......green sprouts are filled with proteins and fiber! Such a tasty dish, without an ounce of fat..........is definitely a keeper!!:)
INGREDIENTS:1 cup green moong dal/ paccha payir / (soaked overnight)
2-3 green chillies
1/2 tsp asafoetida powder/ perungayam powder
water to grind
- Drain the soaked moong dal and wash 2 to 3 times.
- Put it into a blender, along with the green chillies, salt and asafoetida.
- add enough water and grind to form a batter ( consistency like dosa batter)
- using a non stick tawa pour 1 big spoon in the form of a dosa.
- enjoy hot with your favourite chutney.
- you can add chopped onions and curry leaves to the batter .
- but if you want a crisp pesarettu, then use just the pain dough without the onions.