Wednesday, 21 March 2012

TUtTI FRUITI BUNS AND MORE AWARDS!


           

 Another successful attempt on making bread/buns. Perfect for breakfast with your favourite jam or just eaten plain as a snack. This will be a huge hit with the kids at home.....love the colour! :)I felt like a kid again playing with all that fruit....Recipe got from here

INGREDIENTS:
1 3/4 tsp active dry yeast
1/2 cup warm milk
1 tsp sugar
1 cup atta
1 cup all purpose flour
1 tsp salt
1/2 cup water (or little more required to make the dough)
1-2 tsp oil
1/2 cup tutti fruiti
few spoons milk to brush
1 tsp butter



PROCESS:
  • combine the yeast, milk and sugar and rest for 10 mins
  • In a large mixing bowl combine the flours and salt.
  • Make a well in the center and pour the yeast mixture. mix
  • Add the tutti fruiti.

  • add water and knead to make a smooth and soft dough
  • Add the oil and continue kneading for 10 mins
  • Leave in an oiled bowl 

  • cover with a towel. let it rise for about 2 hours

  • Punch down the dough to remove all the air.
  • shape into 6 balls and place on a greased baking tray with enough space between them.
  •  cover with a towel and keep in a warm place to rise for about 30 mins
  • brush with milk and place in a preheated oven and bake at 180 deg celcius for 1bout 15 mins

  • after they are done brush with some melted butter to give it a nice shine.


Now to the award :)
      Thanking reshmi for passing on these awards to me! couldnt have been happier! It gives a meaning to my blog! thank you so much and to all my blog followers who have been following and leaving such beautiful comments :)

                                                                

The rules for accepting this award are:
  1. Add the awards to your blog.
  2. Thank the blogger who nominated you in a post with a link back to their blog.
  3. Share 7 completely random pieces of information about yourself.
  4. Include this set of rules.
  5. Forward this award to your fellow bloggers and inform them with a comment on each of their blogs.
Im sharing these awards with
7 things about myself:
  1. I love baking more than cooking
  2. I have quite alot of kitchen disasters
  3. I have a 1 and a half year old daughter (exremely naughty)
  4. My blog has become my only passion/ hobby at the moment
  5. I love shopping and surfing the internet ;)
  6. I love clothes and ice cream ( I know there's no connection!!....lol)
  7. I love indian and italian food

6 comments:

  1. Thanks for passing me the award...Tutti frutti buns look so soft and tempting!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The buns look fantastic.. loved the colors.. Thanks so much for passing it on to me :)

    Ongoing Event : I'm The Star

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks a loot dear!!!yummy an colourful buns....lovely!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. this looks really delicious n very new also....loved it..happy 2 know abt u..
    Maha

    ReplyDelete
  5. lovely buns. love using tutti fruttis too they look like translucent jewels.

    ReplyDelete