Another successful attempt on making bread/buns. Perfect for breakfast with your favourite jam or just eaten plain as a snack. This will be a huge hit with the kids at home.....love the colour! :)I felt like a kid again playing with all that fruit....Recipe got from here
INGREDIENTS:1 3/4 tsp active dry yeast
1/2 cup warm milk
1 tsp sugar
1 cup atta
1 cup all purpose flour
1 tsp salt
1/2 cup water (or little more required to make the dough)
1-2 tsp oil
1/2 cup tutti fruiti
few spoons milk to brush
1 tsp butter
- combine the yeast, milk and sugar and rest for 10 mins
- In a large mixing bowl combine the flours and salt.
- Make a well in the center and pour the yeast mixture. mix
- Add the tutti fruiti.
- add water and knead to make a smooth and soft dough
- Add the oil and continue kneading for 10 mins
- Leave in an oiled bowl
- cover with a towel. let it rise for about 2 hours
- Punch down the dough to remove all the air.
- shape into 6 balls and place on a greased baking tray with enough space between them.
- cover with a towel and keep in a warm place to rise for about 30 mins
- brush with milk and place in a preheated oven and bake at 180 deg celcius for 1bout 15 mins
- after they are done brush with some melted butter to give it a nice shine.
Now to the award :)
Thanking reshmi for passing on these awards to me! couldnt have been happier! It gives a meaning to my blog! thank you so much and to all my blog followers who have been following and leaving such beautiful comments :)
The rules for accepting this award are:
- Add the awards to your blog.
- Thank the blogger who nominated you in a post with a link back to their blog.
- Share 7 completely random pieces of information about yourself.
- Include this set of rules.
- Forward this award to your fellow bloggers and inform them with a comment on each of their blogs.
- sreevalli @ ammaji recipes
- sharmilee @ sharmis passions
- umm mymoonah @ taste of pearl city
- vidhya @ kurryleaves
- sangee vijay @ spicy treats
- pari @ foodelicious
- rasi @ vegetarian food and me
- I love baking more than cooking
- I have quite alot of kitchen disasters
- I have a 1 and a half year old daughter (exremely naughty)
- My blog has become my only passion/ hobby at the moment
- I love shopping and surfing the internet ;)
- I love clothes and ice cream ( I know there's no connection!!....lol)
- I love indian and italian food