First of all, my sincere apologies for being awfully late on posting on my blog!!
But I have a reason..........Iv been so busy shopping and packing for my trip back home to India. Iv been here for a few days now.... and its been great. Well....now since my daughter is here, the attention and the pampering has shifted from me to her! Pffft!!!!!!!
I have not been doing any cooking since I came home.... I dont call it laziness! maybe just pure relaxing! :D
I finally entered the kitchen today to whip up our favourite breakfast! dosai..........yum !! Made some puli chutney to go with it!.....sigh!.....lovely!
INGREDIENTS:8 shallots ( chinna vengayam)
2 dried red chillies (or 3 if you want it spicy)
1 lime size, tamerind
1 cup grated coconut
water ( just enough to grind)
- Put some oil in a frying pan and saute the shallots
- After a few mins when they change a bit of colour add the chillies
- Stir for awhile and then add the tamerind and salt
- Stir for a few mins and then add the coconut.
- Remove from the flame after 2 mins.
- keep aside to cool
- blend the above mixture with a bit of water
- enjoy your chutney with your favourite dosai or idli
sending this recipe to Pari's event 'only' south indian
sending this recipe to umm mymoonah's event anyone can cook