Iv been wanting to make this recipe for a month now....finally did it!! yay!... Carrot kheer has become quite popular these days.......A lovely, refreshing dessert..........A perfect dessert for entertaining guests. We can make it in 2 ways depending on your taste..................either have the smooth creamy texture OR have bits of soft grated carrot in your kheer! I like the latter! what's your's?
INGREDIENTS:2 medium carrots, grated
3 tbsp ghee
4-5 cardamom pods, crushed
750 ml milk
1/4 cup sugar
- Put 1 tbsp ghee in a saucepan and fry the cashewnuts and raisins and keep aside.
- Now in a pressure cooker add the remaining ghee and fry the carrots on low heat for a few minutes till the raw smell goes.
- Add about half the milk, stir and close the pressure cooker. ( just 1 whistle or till the carrots are soft)
- Remove the lid and stir on low flame
- Add the sugar and remaining milk and keep stirring till the sugar dissolves and the kheer is of desired consistency.
- Add the cashews, raisins and the cardamom. Remove from flame
- Serve hot or chilled
- If you do not like bits of carrot while eating, after you pressure cook the carrots with a bit of milk, cool and blend to a smooth paste. Then you can add the smooth paste to the rest of the milk and continue with the recipe.
- Add the fried cashews and raisinns