My husband finally realized that he wanted a change in lifestyle!,,,for the better ofcourse!.....so its all exercise and healthy food at home now!....no more junk!
The recipe below if for a healthy sandwich wrap....excuse me for the bad photography please.... My husband was so hungry after his workout that he couldnt wait till I photographed our food.......LOL!
1 small onion, sliced finely
1/2 carrot, sliced thinly
1/2 lebanese cucumber, sliced thinly
1/2 cup purple cabbage, sliced thinly
few lettuce leaves
sweet and sour chilli sauce( my favorite is the thai chilli sauce)
marination for the chicken :6 small pieces boneless chicken
3/4 cup plain yoghurt
3 tbsps cashewnut paste
1/2 tsp white pepper powder
salt to taste.
- marinate the chicken with all the "marination" ingredients and refrigerate overnight
- grease your oven proof dish and place the chicken on the tray. Grill at 180 deg celcius till it cooks and the chicken has browned. Turn over and cook the other side as well.
- Cut the chicken into smaller pieces.
- place your chappathi on a plate. smear with chilli sauce and mustard.
- Working from one corner, place your lettuce leaf.
- Top with the chicken, cabbage, onion, carrots, cucumber.
- Add a thin line of mayonaise.
- Roll the chappathi.
- you can also add a bit of pesto if you like.
- vegetarian can substitute chicken for any other vegetables. you can also grill some tofu marinated with a bot of extra virgin olive oil, lemon juice, salt and pepper.