As you know, pumpkin is loaded with goodness....and what better way to eat it ,,,than a lovely smooth soup!!!!!!!!
This recipe can't get any easier..... requires very few ingredients......no effort.....and yet the outcome is delicious....simply filled with favour!
INGREDIENTS:1 tbsp butter
1 small portion of butternut pumpkin,, chopped into cubes( see picture)
1 small onion, thinly sliced
3 pods garlic, pressed
1 cup water
1/2 tsp turmeric powder
1/2 chicken stock cube
pepper to taste
2 tbsp coriander leaves, chopped
spring onion , to garnish
- Put butter in a pressure cooker and saute the garlic.
- When it releases its smell, add the onions.
- When the onions have softened, add the turmeric powder and pepper.
- Add the pumpkin.Stir.
- Add the water and the chicken stock cube.
- Stir in the coriander leaves.and close the pressure cooker.
- let it cook for about 2 or 3 whistles or till the pumpkin has cooked.
- cool and then put it into a blender and puree it.
- garnish with chopped spring onions.
- For those who want to eat this as a meal, can add a few spoons of cooked rice to their soup.
- vegetarians can also use veg stock instead of chicken stock