This is such an easy and quick recipe for chocolate brownies!! The best part is that you don't have to use an electric mixer..( coz I hate washing it later...LOL)
My house is in a mess!!!!!!!!....cardboard boxes lying everywhere... toys scattered all around.....open suitcases fully stuffed and with no idea how im gonna manage closing them!! Yet...I woke up this morning with a sudden urge to bake something nice and easy..... yes!....it had to be chocolate brownies!
So put all the chaos aside and baked my famous chocolate brownies......so decided it was the perfect "something" to give all the lovely people i was saying good bye to!!! :)
INGREDIENTS:3/4 cup cocoa powder
1 tsp baking powder
2/3 cup cooking oil
1/2 cup boiling water
1 1/2 cup sugar
2 eggs , lighly beaten
1 1/3 cup plain flour, sifted
1 tsp vanilla ess
1 cup pecans, chopped into tiny bits
- sieve the cocoa powder and baking powder in a large bowl.
2.Add the oil.stir.
3.Add the boiling water and stir, the mixture will thicken slightly.
4.Add the sugar.
5.Add the eggs
6.stir in the vanilla essence and salt
7.slighly toast the pecans in a preheated oven at 180 deg celcius for a few mins.
8. Add the pecans to the flour
9. Slowly add the flour mixture to the cocoa mixture.
10. Stir only till the batter is mixed well
11. Don't overmix the batter.
12. Line a square cake tin with wax paper and grease with little butter and dust off with a bit of flour.
13. pour the batter into the pan and bake in a preheated oven for about 20 mins at 180 deg C. or till an inserted toothpick comes out clean
14. serve hot with some chocolate sauce and vanilla ice cream..... YUM!!!!!!:)
note:you can use any type of nuts you like. ..almonds, walnuts are my favourite. For the chocolate lovers, you can use chocolate chips instead of the nuts.
you can use any pan u like. i would have loved to use the square pan but i couldnt find it in the mess.