Garbanzo beans have alot of health benefits which you can read here . A very easy and tasty recipe of all times.
INGREDIENTS:1 tbsp oil, for frying
1 can (437 gms) chickpeas (garbanzo beans, channa)
small piece cinnamon
1 onion, thinly sliced
1 tomato, chopped(deskinned)
2 tbsp tomato puree
1 tsp ginger garlic paste
1 green chilli
1/4 tsp chilli powder ( or as required)
1/4 tsp turmeric powder
1/2 tsp cumin powder
1/2 tsp coriander powder
1/2 tsp chole masala (i used everest)
2 tbsps water
1/2 a handful mint leaves (pudina)
salt as required
- Put the oil in a saucepan and add the 3 spices
- Add the onion and saute for awhile till they turn brown.
- add the ginger garlic paste and saute for awhile.
- Add the green chilli and tomato. Stir for a few mins
- Add the tomato puree.
- Put the chilli powder, turmeric, cumin, chole masala and coriander powder in a small bowl and mix with the water
- Add this mixture to the onions and tomato mixture. Add salt. Add little extra water and bring to boil.
- Add the channa and pudina. stir and close the saucepan.
- serve hot with any roti/bread of your choice.