I had a whole lot of bananas which would have ended up in the garbage, if it wasnt for this banana bread!! I dint want to make a cake!....I wanted to make some banana bread...because I had a brand new loaf tin which remained unused!! So...a perfect time....and a perfect recipe......
INGREDIENTS:1 cup (115 gms) pecan nuts or walnuts, toasted and coarsely chopped
1 3/4 cups (230 gms) all purpose flour
3/4 cup (150 gms) granulated white sugar
1 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp salt
1 tsp ground cinnamon
2 eggs. lightly beaten
1/2 cup(113 gms) unsalted butter, melted and cooled
3 ripe large bananas ( 1 1/2 cups)mashed well
1 tsp vanilla essence
- Preheat oven to 300 deg F (180 deg C)
- Butter and flour the bottoms and sides of a 9*5*3 inch(23*13*8 cms) loaf pan
- place the nuts on a baking sheet and bake for 8 to 10 mins or until slightly toasted. Cool and chop coarsely
- In a large bowl combine flour, sugar baking powder, soda, salt, cinnamon and nuts. set aside
- In a medium sized bowl combine mashed bananas,eggs, melted butter and vanilla ess.
- With a rubber spatula gently fold the wet ingredients into dry ingredients.stir until just combined and the batter is thick and chunky
- Bake until golden brown ( about 55 to 60 mins) and an inserted toothpick comes out clean
- Cool and then cut.
- I ground my own cinnamon and then sieved it.(only because I dint have cinnamon powder at home :) )
enjoy your banana bread with a hot cup of tea!!