We are finally in Penang, malaysia. sigh!!!!! Glad all the packing (and half the unpacking ) is over!!
Today I made some agar agar for my daughter....which started with her playing with it on her toy tea set...then feeding her baby dolls ......then finally on the floor!! :(
Well...its an easy dessert to make ...I was so tired but yet wanted to post a recipe...and just couldnt think of anything easier..so here goes............:)
INGREDIENTS:1 handful of agar agar (china grass)
5 cups water
5 tbsp sugar
few drops food colouring
- Soak the china grass in the water for about 10 -15 mins.
- Then, put it to boil. Stir regularly and boil till all the china grass has completely dissolved.
- Add the sugar and stir till it dissolves
- Remove from flame and and add the food colouring.
- pour into moulds and refrigerate.
- After it has set, invert and take the jelly out from the moulds. If you have trouble just pierce the corners with a knife and then overturn
note:You can add more sugar if its not sweet enough.