2 tbsp chopped fresh mint leaves
2 tsps finely grated fresh ginger
1 tsps ground coriander
1/2 tsp garam masala
1 tsp chilli powder
1/4 cup(60 ml) yoghurt
3 tbsp ghee
2 medium (300 gms ) onions, sliced
2 cloves garlic, crushed
1/2 tsp ground cardamom
1 tsp garam masala, extra
1 tsp ground turmeric
1 tsp cumin seeds
1 tbsp tomato paste
2 med(380g) tomatoes, chopped
2 (120g) baby eggplants, chopped
2 small fresh red chillies, finely chopped
1 cup (250ml) beef stock
1 tbsp chopped fresh coriander leaves
1. combine mince, mint, ginger, ground coriander, garam masala, chilli powder and yoghurt in medium bowl.
2. shape tablespoons of of mince mixture into ovals and place on tray. cover. refrigerate for 1 hour.
3. heat half the ghee in large pan. cook kofta in batches, until browned all over. drain on absorbent paper. reserve.
4. heat the remaining ghee in same pan. cook onions, garlic, cardamom, extra garam masala, turmeric and cumin stirring until onions are browned lightly.
5. add tomato paste, tomatoes, eggplants and chillies. cook stirring about 5 mins or till vegetables are soft.
6. add beef stock and kofta. simmer, covered about 2o mins.remove cover and simmer for another 10 mins or until koftas are cooked through and sauce is thickened.
7. just before serving garnish with fresh coriander leaves.